About Me

My photo
Why Sweet Thunder? It was my Indian name given to me at a camp when I was a teenager. The counselor said that I had a huge, SWEET, heart, but I was also loud and boisterous like THUNDER! Still rings true to this day! This is my 13th year of teaching and I have been fortunate enough to teach in the US, South America, Africa and Asia. This blog is my canvas for experiences, thoughts, feelings and memories. Read with caution!

Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Year Resolutions

One of my resolutions every year is to write more. I love to write, putting words on paper or typing them on the computer is therapy for me. My goal when I graduated college was to finally get some of my writing published. I have been told by others that I have a gift for prose. So, why is it a resolution for me EVERY YEAR?

Because life happens.

Work is overloaded, bosses are overdemanding, parents are overbearing, I feel overwhelmed and I am becoming over the hill!

Life gets in the way, that is true of anyone. There are too many lesson plans to create and not enough time. There are too many papers to grade and not enough ink in my pen. There are too many students with problems and I am only one teacher. It is too difficult to continue to exercise and not risk becoming mundane. It is too challenging to go to church every Sunday when it is my only day to sleep in. But - these are all excuses. And one of my other New Years Resolutions is to stop making excuses.

So, my reoccuring New Years Resolution for 2010 is to write more - on my new blog!

I would love for you to read it and check out what is going on with me. I am a Midwestern girl who is living in Bolivia. I love teaching internationally and I love to travel. My life has been filled with some crazy stories and I have documented many, but not all. I would love to read your comments and have us enter into conversations about life, but no offense...this blog isn't necessarily for you. It is for me. It is so I can FINALLY acheive one of my numerous New Years Resolution. It is my therapy, it is my cyber - voice, it is my healing for my soul.

2 comments: